Voter Services Committee
Register Here for Friday April 30, 2021, @ 2:00pm-4:00pm – 2021 State Convention Voter Services Committee Meeting.
The Voter Services Committee’s responsibility is to:
- Develop a system of grassroots organizing at the precinct level to facilitate active participation of voters in Democratic Party activities;
- Coordinate programs to increase Democratic Party voter registration; To organize new citizen swearing-in events;
- Organize outreach at college campuses and other sources of potential new Democratic registrants;
- Recommend goals and guidelines for the State Party voter contact program, such as an operational plan for an effective vote-by-mail campaign in each special and general election for state and local campaigns;
- Develop a plan to increase the percentage of Democratic voters who register for permanent vote-by-mail (PVBM) status.
- Coordinate training seminars which include instruction on campaign management, issues, and financial reporting requirements;
- Make every reasonable effort to assure that with respect to each and every partisan office there is at least one Democratic candidate who has filed, who wishes the Party’s endorsement, and who is worthy of consideration for that endorsement as allowed for in Article VIII, Endorsement of Candidates;
- Review non-partisan races in which there was no Democratic candidate in the preceding election to that office and to ensure there shall be at least one Democratic candidate for the next election to that office;
Committee Roster 2019-2021
Bob (Robert) Schelen
April Verret, Pasadena
Vahram (Varo) Asorian
Martha g. Bernal
Elvira (Vera) DeWitt
Sasha Renee Perez
Renee Grace Rodriguez
Joe Louis Wildman
Maria Flores Rodriguez
* Please note that these descriptions are not meant to be an interpretation of the California Democratic Party By-Laws. The CDP By-Laws are available on our website here.