2015 Assembly District Election Meetings (ADEMs)
The Assembly District Delegates (ADDs) and Assembly District Executive Board representatives ("EBd Reps") are elected at Assembly District Election Meetings (ADEMs) held in each of California's 80 Assembly Districts.
The California Democratic Party will be convening ADEMs on Saturday January 10 and Sunday January 11, 2015, where 14 people (7 men / 7 women) from each Assembly District will be elected to represent their district as DSCC (Democratic State Central Committee) Delegates for both the 2015 and 2016 State Conventions.
A person may only participate in the ADEM if he/she is a Democrat residing in and registered to vote by the October 20, 2014, voter registration deadline, in the Assembly District they wish to represent, unless the person turned 18 or was a naturalized after the deadline, and is registered or registers onsite.
The deadline to apply has passed and the application is now closed.
Why be a DSCC (Democratic State Central Committee) Delegate?
- Attend annual convention
- Network with other Democrats
- Represent your constituency
- Elect Party officers
- Promote the California Democratic Party agenda
- Endorse candidates for statewide, legislative and congressional office
- Vote to endorse resolutions and ballot measures
Reorganization of the Democratic State Central Committee (DSCC) begins at the end of 2014. The deadline for ALL DSCC delegates to be submitted to the CDP, for the 2015-17 term, is February 9, 2015, at 5:00pm. Members of the DSCC (also known as "Delegates") come from the following sources:
- Elected through County Committees
- Appointed by Democratic Elected Officials / Nominees
- Elected through Assembly District
Learn How to Run for Assembly District Delegate:
- The Deadline to apply has passed the application is now closed.
- Click here for ADEM locations and candidates Updated 12/18/14.
- Click here for Delegate costs/what to expect
- Click here for ADEMs quick reference
- Click here for dates to remember