2015 Assembly District Meetings (ADEMs)
The Assembly District Delegates (ADDs) and Assembly District Executive Board representatives ("EBd Reps") are elected at Assembly District Election Meetings (ADEMs) held in each of California's 80 Assembly Districts.
The California Democratic Party will be convening ADEMs on Saturday January 10 and Sunday January 11, 2015, where 14 people (7 men / 7 women) from each Assembly District will be elected to represent their district as DSCC (Democratic State Central Committee) Delegates for both the 2015 and 2016 State Conventions.
A person may only participate in the ADEM if he/she is a Democrat residing in and registered to vote by the October 20, 2014, voter registration deadline, in the Assembly District they wish to represent, unless the person turned 18 or was a naturalized after the deadline, and is registered or registers onsite.
Click here to apply. Deadline to apply is December 11 at 5pm
Why be a DSCC (Democratic State Central Committee) Delegate?
- Attend annual convention
- Network with other Democrats
- Represent your constituency
- Elect Party officers
- Promote the California Democratic Party agenda
- Endorse candidates for statewide, legislative and congressional office
- Vote to endorse resolutions and ballot measures
Reorganization of the Democratic State Central Committee (DSCC) begins at the end of 2014. The deadline for ALL DSCC delegates to be submitted to the CDP, for the 2015-17 term, is February 9, 2015, at 5:00pm. Members of the DSCC (also known as "Delegates") come from the following sources:
- Elected through County Committees
- Appointed by Democratic Elected Officials / Nominees
- Elected through Assembly District
Learn How to Run for Assembly District Delegate:
- Click here to apply Deadline to apply is December 11 at 5pm.
- Click here for ADEM locations and candidates Updated 11/25/14.
- Click here for Delegate costs/what to expect
- Click here for dates to remember