Battleground Field Deputy
California Democratic Party Positions Available
2012 Coordinated Campaign: "Battleground California" To apply, please email resume to Shawnda@cadem.org, and note position requested in subject line. Do not call.
Job Description: Battleground Field Deputy
Each Battleground office staff's primary responsibility is to recruit volunteers for phone bank operations and canvasses, as well as organize and execute mobile phone banks in a designated area. Phone banks should run 7 days and nights a week, and canvasses should run each Saturday and Sunday of the cycle, in addition to targeted weekday canvasses where available.
Duties and Responsibilities
Manage the field office, volunteer recruitment and actions. Oversee the Field Organizer's mobile phone bank and canvasses. Report to Regional Director.
- Serve as lead contact for all HQ volunteers
- Recruit volunteers for HQ phone bank and canvass operations
- Sign in/out and train all HQ volunteers for phone bank and canvass operations
- Schedule HQ volunteer shifts & maintain accurate volunteer schedule through the MOE system
- Ensure volunteers are contacted by phone one day prior to their shift
- Scan HQ phone bank and canvass data daily
- Maintain a clean, well-organized office with posted office hours
- Ensure that all telephone calls are answered during office hours
- Provide Regional Director with daily reports of new volunteers & mobile phone banks/canvasses scheduled and total volunteer attendance
- Maintain a daily schedule of food that is donated along with contact information and assign food pick-up duties
- Work with Field Organizer to provide thank you letters to teachers, club leaders, elected officials and other volunteer sources in addition to restaurants/individuals who donate food
- Work with HR and IT to ensure that all equipment is returned to the CDP
- Active involvement in democratic or union politics
- At least three cycles of field experience on issue or electoral campaigns, with one cycle managing staff.
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Good time management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Committed to details, results, meeting goals, and tracking/using data to make informed decisions.
- Ability to approach problem solving with creativity
- Valid Driver's License and access to reliable transportation.
- Preferred, not mandatory: Knowledge of the MOE or PDI voter data system
The CDP is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected class. This position, as all of our Coordinated Campaign positions, is highly collaborative and crucial to CDP achieving its mission of electing Democrats at all levels in 2012. The position will require a commitment through November 2012 with a willingness to work extended hours, evenings, weekends and some holidays.
Targeted Hire Date: July 1, 2012