Let me count the ways Donald Trump's health care legislation is a terrible idea and why Democrats are not interested in "making a deal."
- 24 million people would lose their health care.
- Medicaid would be cut, resulting in increased costs for millions of additional seniors, low-income families, people with disabilities, and children.
- Planned Parenthood would be defunded.
- Health care tax subsidies for working families would be reduced.
- Premiums and out-of-pocket costs would go up.
- People with pre-existing conditions could be denied health care.
Add to that a big new tax giveaway for wealthy people and it sounds an awful lot like trading a hummingbird for a turkey with its wings cut off. So thanks, but Democrats are not interested in this kind of so-called "deal."